Sunday 14 August 2011

Shocking Scenes at the Indiana State Fair.

A good friend of mine came to me today feeling a bit down I pondered why he was feeling sad and he linked me to the following video. The footage I admit isn't pleasant and I apologize if I have just put a downer on your day, You see my pal lives 15-20mins away from this....


5 counts of death so far and 45+ others injured, thankfully no one was on the stage at the time, the warm-up band had just finished and crowds were waiting for country duo Sugarland to get on, I am shocked how so little were harmed in this tragic mishap, stormy weather and heavy winds overpowered the riggings and the stage gave way causing shock and destruction to those below.

I guess I would just like to say my thoughts and best wishes are to those five families who have lost one of their own, and to all those who are still recovering or hospitalized I hope you get better soon, I know there has been a shit load of destruction in England at the moment with the riots and looting but this little piece of news really did touch a soft spot, as I say a good friend of mine lives near and could well of been down there when that stage gave way.

If you do follow a religion or do speak to the old guy up there have a word and wish them well, that's all for today and thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. Interesting video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SH--... that is intense, hope the death count doesn't rise, that is tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iNews either did not watch the video or is a soulless cunt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If something like this doesn't affect someone I know I find myself not particularly bothered by it. I wasn't worried at all over the riots until someone I knew was in the middle of one (She's thankfully fine) and I don't know anyone from Indiana. Of course my thoughts go out to the people who have lost, but I can't connect with them. As such I'm wondering why they held the fair in such bad weather, or at least didn't weather proof the stage some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing but curious pleasures, as from thence Following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that must've been some really hard winds. What a shitty way to die.

    Also, what thetruthaboutGENETICS said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would like to thank big willy for the shoutout. For those wondering, the storm came out of nowhere and they were evacuating people at the time. It was a sad sad day for the city and I appreciate my buddy here letting people know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that video and the news reports. Tragic stuff.

    ReplyDelete