Tuesday 30 August 2011

Reading! Saturday n' tingz

I kinda don't recall much from Saturday as I must of been very hungover or utterly gazeebo'd..

After some casual racist slurs from my tent and wolf-pack banter and plenty of drinks we regrouped to see madness,

Madness are a British pop/ska/two-tone band from Camden Town, London, that formed in 1976. They have some massive hits and are an all time favorite, even today they are still kicking ass and making the crowd move and skank.


Madness played an awesome set and Graham McPherson (Suggs) the lead singer was really working the crowd and having a bit of banter with the band, I have to say they are one of the best bands I have seen live (more than once might I add) and are always a laugh, he and the other members must be about 50 years old..yet still provide an excellent atmosphere and stage presence, definitely a must see.

After Madness was one of my favorite bands ever, I first heard of them on One Tree Hill (sad I know, right?) and then got hold of the complete discography, instantly falling in love.

Jimmy Eat World is an American alternative rock band from Mesa, Arizona, that formed in 1993. The band is composed of lead vocalist and guitarist Jim Adkins, guitarist and backing vocalist Tom Linton, bassist Rick Burch and drummer Zach Lind. Songs you may have heard would be "Hear You Me" (as mentioned, from One Tree Hill) or "The Middle" and "Sweetness" which reached many charts after release.


They really are an amazing band, some excellent music. I will not lie to you as I was listening to them the hairs on my arms stood up tall and a little tear was brewing in my eye, many of their songs mean a lot to me and make me think of my past, my potential future and various things that have happened along the way, they are indeed one of my favorite bands and I definitely recomment you give them a listen if you are not already accustom to them!

Later that evening the wolf-pack went on a prowl, tonight's pack was made up of Myself, Pete, Chard, Jackone, Liam and Adam. We got tanked up and grabbed a few road beers before going for walkies, along the way we had some excellent banter and even created a game for any and all to play, we even gave it a little theme tune.

We took the well known game "JimJam! Cock Or Ball?!?" and took it to a whole other level, (Multiplayer) 5 of us would approach potential players with a one liner asking if they wanted to play a game which required no contact just visuals. Many would decline but the odd few (weird bunch of lasses) would agree to play (verbal contract, no suing us!).

We would give a little introduction song which follows the tune of two and a half men. As the theme tune ended the 6th member of the wolf-pack would step forward with ..well cock or ball! Now we are not getting naked for randomers it's merely a game where you stretch a bit of skin and the contestants have to guess which of the two it is, we had a few good players who nailed it straight away. We also had the one lass who pulled out her torch to have a 'better look'...all in all provided to be a fun night.

We also bumped into one lass who had previously lost the game and chatted for a bit, she was out of her face and was a laugh, we left her on her way then as we were walking away we hear a banterish scream behind us, and I turn to see this lass stood there with her top pulled up and jumping about, I am not sure if the others got a full views but eh, was a laugh.

I think it was about 4-5am before we went to bed...all in all was a banterfilled day even though I did only see two bands.

3 comments:

  1. Random drunk crazy people, girls gone wild, and good music. I really should go to more festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I need to go to more festivals too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madness played here in Buenos Aires last year, it was a pretty good show actually.

    ReplyDelete